Are you Selecting the Correct Transit Testing Protocol?
At BoldtSmith Packaging we recommend custom transit testing protocols that match what actually occurs in our customers supply chain. Gathering this information requires traveling to the different stopping points along the supply chain. Without the correct testing protocol you may be spending more on packaging than necessary due to overpacked product. On the other side, your product may be under packed and you are experiencing high levels of damage.
Our job is to create a testing protocol that accurately matches your supply chain so packaging costs and damage levels are both low.
Some of the information we will locate is listed below:
1) What are your method(s) of shipping? Full Truckload? LTL? UPS? Fed-Ex?
2) What type of vibration does your product experience in shipping? Ocean Container? Truck? Rail?
3) Is your product palletized? How high is it stacked in storage?
4) Is the product clamped? If so, unitized or as individuals?
5) What type and frequency of vibration does your product experience in shipping? Ocean Container? Truck? Rail?