A domestic furniture manufacturer reached out to BoldtSmith Packaging looking to reduce their damage from 6% to .5% during shipping for two product categories. The product ships through both an LTL and FTL supply chain.
- Complete onsite visit to analyze current packaging designs and packing process
- Analyze current damage to determine how and why the damage is occurring
- Design optimized packaging solutions, samples and specifications
- Build financial analysis comparing current packaging to optimized
- Complete transit testing at a testing lab, line trials and ship tests
- Reduced packaging material costs by 10%
- Reduced damage from 6% to .5% (half a percent)