A customer reached out to BoldtSmith Packaging with a goal of assessing if there is opportunity to optimize their corrugated box strength.The corrugated being used across all 6 domestic locations was 32 ECT which was the recommended material from their corrugated supplier.
Within an 8-week timeframe, BoldtSmith Packaging was able to complete the following tasks:
- Visit 6 domestic locations and identify if opportunity exists to optimize the packaging.
- Test current packaging from all 6 locations as a benchmark to our optimized solutions.
- Design, sample and test optimized packaging solutions.Testing included lab testing, line trials and ship tests.
- Provide a financial analysis capturing the cost savings identified with the optimized packaging solutions.
- Changed corrugated material from 32 ECT to 23 ECT
- $6,000,000+ annualized cost savings on corrugated
BoldtSmith Packaging was able to implement an opportunity to reduce the corrugated material to 23 ECT without sacrificing the strength required to survive the customers supply chain.The material transition resulted in a $6,000,000 annual cost savings.