At BoldtSmith Packaging, we fill in as temporary packaging engineer for companies. Our customer base is split between customers that have an existing packaging team and no internal packaging resource. Both scenarios fit within the business model of BoldtSmith Packaging!
Our customers that have an existing packaging team we find often are focused on developing packaging for new product introductions and do not have the resources to go back and optimize current packaging. Another scenario we see often is that there is a corporate packaging team but no resource internally at their manufacturing plants spread throughout the world. We are boots on the ground going into manufacturing facilities, gathering associate feedback, running line trials, etc. BoldtSmith Packaging is brought in as a strategic resource identifying and implementing optimized packaging solutions. These project goals can range from reducing product damage to increasing labor or freight efficiency. Our team of experts has experience in a wide variety of packaging situations!
Customers that do not have an existing team we often discover rely on packaging manufacturers to be their packaging engineer. This is a problematic scenario as it sets up the packaging manufacturer to decide what designs and materials should be utilized. The goal of a packaging manufacturer is to sell material. Since BoldtSmith Packaging does not manufacture, sell or broker packaging; The goal of BoldtSmith Packaging is to deliver the best possible solution to your customers. We have no motives to sell one material or design vs another. We will provide the packaging specifications for our optimized designs to our customer which then gives them the power to purchase the packaging from whomever they want.
A typical process we would complete on a project is outlined below.
- Onsite Visit: BoldtSmith Packaging completes a visit to the customer’s manufacturing facility or distribution center to review the packing process, handling methods and supply chain.
- Analyze Current Packaging: BoldtSmith Packaging will analyze current packaging to determine what opportunities exist to reach and exceed the customer’s goals. We often test current packaging to determine how, where and why the issues related to packaging are occurring.
- Design Optimized Packaging: BoldtSmith Packaging will design multiple optimized packaging solutions. If our customer is having product damage, we will provide options that will reduce the damage while creating a financial analysis on the new packaging, labor and freight costs. This analysis will give us the data necessary to give an informed recommendation as to which packaging concept makes the most business sense.
- Sampling and Testing Optimized Packaging: After the packaging designs are completed, BoldtSmith Packaging will then create the packaging samples. Utilizing a CNC machine specifically made for packaging allows BoldtSmith Packaging to quickly and efficiently create packaging samples. These samples can then be used for transit testing, line trials and customer presentations.
- Implementing Optimized Packaging: After a customer decides which packaging concept they would like to move forward with, BoldtSmith Packaging can complete the onsite training and implementation of the new packaging concept.
As outlined above our typical process takes our customer from having packaging related issues to an optimized packaging system that solves whatever issues they are having!
Reach out to BoldtSmith Packaging to learn more about our business and the services that we offer. We look forward to hearing from you!