At BoldtSmith Packaging, we design and test packaging for a large variety of product categories. We are a packaging resource for companies ranging from manufacturers of lightbulbs in plastic clamshells sold into big box retailers to gas turbine engines shipping globally in metal returnable crates.
Even with our variety of customer’s, we commonly face similar challenges. Listed below are the top five opportunities we capitalize on to save our client’s money!
- Packaging issues are present but there is no internal resource to quickly and efficiently locate and execute optimized solutions.
- Product damage costs are not tracked but a significant amount of returns and re-shipments take place
- Product damage costs are known but the “soft costs” are not such as re-shipping, cost of new product, labor to manufacture new product, inventory costs, customer dissatisfaction, etc
- Freight costs are high to ship product because of packaging that is not optimized
- Product was being sold in retail and has transitioned to e-commerce which has resulted in a spike in damage due to small parcel shipments (UPS, Fed-Ex, etc.)
Are you facing similar issues? Contact us to find out how we can save you money!