This blog is a three-part series that identifies how BoldtSmith Packaging can improve your gross margin by reducing product damage! Our goal is to manage the process of having reactive packaging problems to proactive packaging solutions.
Step 1: Identify your current product damage costs
Step 2: Create and test new packaging designs
Step 3: Benchmark the proposed designs against the current design
Step 1 – Identify
- What are your annual damage dollars and percent for retail product?
- What are your annual damage dollars and percent for e-commerce product?
- Do your damage dollars vary by retailer? If so, why?
- How much are you spending annually on packaging material, labor and freight?
- How much are you spending annually on packaging material, labor and freight for repacks because of damage?
- What transit testing protocol(s) are you using for retail and e-commerce product?
- Are you using the same packaging for e-commerce vs retail?
- Where, how and why is the product damage occurring?
- What happens to the damaged product? Are you charged back from the retailer?
- Is the product damage impacting future sales from the customer or retailer?
- Do you have negative online reviews related to product damage?